The Games 4 Good Foundation (G4G) is accepting grant proposals from organizations that harness the power of sport to effect positive change. G4G will consider sport-for-development projects addressing issues such as: education, social integration, health, gender equality, leadership and (more generally) localized needs for community development.
1) A one-page organizational introduction that outlines mission, experience, personnel and future growth plans.
2) Inclusion of the organization’s 990 form. Eligibility is limited to organizations with budgets under $400,000. Organizations with
annual budgets of $250,000 or less will receive preferential consideration.
3) Proof of federal tax-exempt status in the United States (501c3).
4) Project description that includes: 1) statement of need 2) project goal, 3) target demographic, 4) duration, 5) number of people impacted and 6) summary of activities to implement plan. The entire project description should be no more than 750 words.
5) A budget for the program.
6) A plan to raise awareness in the media about the organization and the impact of sport on development.
7) A monitoring and evaluation plan (including metrics) that the organization will execute and provide to the Games 4 Good Foundation review board on a quarterly basis. Applicants will also be required to provide pictures and a short write up twice a year for inclusion on Games 4 Good Foundation social media.
8) A statement outlining your vision for Board of Director involvement and the current structure of the board.
9) Any faith-based organization is welcome to apply, so long as its mission does not include proselytization of any religious faith. Also, applicants cannot be late or in arrears with its IRS Form 990 filing and cannot appear on the State Department’s or UN’s list of suspect organizations.
10) Optional: Annual report or other organizational documents that reflect an ability to execute the non-profit’s mission.
11) Finalists will have a phone call with a member of the Games 4 Good Foundation team to discuss the project.
Project proposals should exhibit sustainability and clearly articulate the organization’s ability to address a specific need in cost-effective fashion.
Funding is available nationwide.
Maximum Award: $10,000
Deadline: April 20
More Information: http://www.games4goodfoundation.com/grant-process/