Agriculture in the Classroom seeks proposals to support a national network of state and local organizations providing programs to increase agricultural literacy for kindergarten through grade 12 students, teachers, and educators. The scope of work includes the following components:
• Deliver conferences and professional development opportunities for kindergarten through grade 12 teachers and educators.
• Develop curriculum resources particularly focused on middle school and high school youth.
• Develop grant applications for research and evaluation projects.
• Promote partnerships and collaborations, targeting underachieving schools.
• Provide logistical support for recognition and teacher awards programs.
• Support the national center for agricultural literacy. Maintain a national website and curriculum database. Develop and disseminate national publications and educational resources.
Eligible applicants are state agricultural experiment stations; state cooperative extension services; all colleges and universities; other research or educational institutions or organizations; and federal and private agencies, organizations, and individuals. Cost sharing and matching are not required. Applications must be submitted online.
Eligibility: Public, Private, Other (including homeschool, 501 (c)(3) organizations)
Award: One cooperative agreement of $500,000 is awarded for the first year, with potential for a total of five years of funding.
Deadline: Applications are due May 1.
More Information: https://nifa.usda.gov/sites/default/files/rfa/FY2018-AITC-RFA.pdf