SHAPE America is accepting applications for the 2019-20 Impact Schools Grant Program. This program will provide much needed funds and professional development opportunities to schools to enhance health and physical education programs in high-need areas across the nation, while helping teachers continue their studies and build expertise that improves student outcomes.
Impact Schools Will Receive:
* A portion of the proceeds raised through select fundraising efforts including the Big Feats for SHAPE America Virtual Race and Giving Tuesday.
* A professional development stipend for one individual to attend the 2020 SHAPE America National Convention & Expo in Salt Lake City, April 21-25 or online professional development from SHAPE America. The stipend may be used toward any SHAPE America professional development opportunity including but not limited to convention registration.
* Up to three one-year SHAPE America professional level memberships.
* One- year access to SHAPE America’s online professional development including but not limited to SHAPE America’s various webinar series.
* One copy of the 2014 National Standards & Grade-Level Outcomes for K-12 Physical Education.
* Three SHAPE America lesson planning textbooks selected by SHAPE America editors.
* Opportunity to share program needs, goals and achievements on a national platform.
1) Individual representing the school applying for the grant must currently serve as one of the following: Principal, K-12 Teacher, Physical Education Teacher, Health Education Teacher, Health/PE Coordinator, School Wellness Coordinator.
2) A school shall be eligible to apply if the school is exempt from federal income tax and 40 percent or more of the children ages 5 through 17 years served by the local educational agency are eligible to receive free or reduced lunch (Title I school).
Award: Awards vary
Deadline: September 4, 2019
More Information: Click Here