Textron Inc. works to help improve the quality of life in communities where its employees live and work. Textron seeks to partner with agencies that develop and implement innovative solutions to community needs. Grants are made in the areas of workforce development and education, and healthy families and vibrant communities.
Workforce Development and Education Grants support education programs from middle school to higher education, including a variety of innovative job training programs for people of all ages and socioeconomic backgrounds. Funding in this area is focused on the following:
• Job training and employment development, including school to work and welfare to work programs, job training for underserved audiences, literacy, and English as a second language programs.
• Enrichment and mentoring programs for youth, such as quality youth development and after-school programs.
• College and university support, including scholarships and internships for women and minorities, with an emphasis on technology, manufacturing, and engineering.
Healthy Families and Vibrant Communities Grants are intended to complement educational opportunities by supporting health and human services, arts and culture, and community revitalization programs. Funding in this area is focused on the following:
• Arts and culture with an emphasis on outreach programs that enhance learning and target low- and moderate-income individuals.
• Community revitalization, such as affordable housing and economic development in low-income areas.
• Health and human service organizations, such as food pantries, homeless shelters, health education, and services for low-income residents.
Eligible applicants are nonprofit organizations and accredited kindergarten through grade 12 educational institutions located where Textron has its headquarters and the locations in which it has divisional operations, including Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and the District of Columbia. Applications must be submitted online.
Eligibility: Public, Charter, Other (including homeschool, 501 (c)(3) organizations)
Award: Awards vary.
Deadline: Applications are accepted year-round.
More Information: Click Here