The Ohio Afterschool Network is thrilled to help bring entrepreneurship education to young people in afterschool and out-of-school time programs across the state of Ohio!
To support the efforts of youth-serving organizations in facilitating high-quality and engaging entrepreneur education, we are pleased to offer $500 Entrepreneur Education Mini-Grants. The funds can be used for staff time, field trip transportation, materials, prizes, pitch event refreshments, or any other expenses related to entrepreneurship education for Ohio high school students in out-of-school time programs or clubs.
The Mini-Grant deliverables are to facilitate a minimum of five educational sessions (in-person or virtual), and hold an in-person or virtual pitch challenge before February 22, 2021. OAN will issue payment in advance, not as a reimbursement.
If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity, please email Liz Nusken (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information by Monday, November 23rd:
- Contact person name, title, email address and phone number
- Organization Name (as it should appear on the check),Tax ID number, and mailing address
- Name of the afterschool program or club (if different from organization name)
- Number of high school students you believe will participate
- When you anticipate delivering the entrepreneur education lessons
- When you anticipate holding your in-person or virtual program pitch challenge (can be approximate date)
- Any support from OAN or the Young Entrepreneur Institute that would be helpful
Required reporting is simple and due March 12, 2021:
- Number of high school students who participated
- Date your pitch challenge was held
- A picture from your entrepreneurship lessons or pitch challenge, with signed photo releases, that OAN can use in our newsletter and/or on our website
- Names and organizational affiliation of community members involved in your entrepreneurship work who served as guest speakers, judges, volunteers, donors, or were involved in another way.
We encourage you and your students to also participate in the Young Entrepreneur Institute’s pitch challenge if your program is in northeast Ohio, the Ohio Afterschool Network Pitch Challenge (information coming soon), Ohio STEM Learning Network’s Design Challenge and/or the Invention Convention.