Per Governor DeWine’s Stay at Home Order, EnvisionEdPlus has postponed all trainings through May 1, 2020. We are re-scheduling some events and moving others to virtual training. Check back for updates.
The Ohio STEM Learning Network is sponsoring three (3) Work Based Learning that WORKS training events. Thanks to OSLN’s sponsorship, this event is FREE!
Each of these day-long events will bring together educators and business professionals who are partnering to design high quality work-based learning experiences for youth.
- April 23 – Courtyard Marriott Canfield/Youngstown ( 4173 Westford Pl, Canfield)
- April 29 – Akron Public Schools ( 10 N. Main St. Akron)
- May 11 – Auburn Career Center in collaboration with the ESC of Western Reserve ( 8140 Auburn Rd, Painesville)
Who should attend? All Ohio high schools (traditional public, community schools, private schools) are invited to send teams of two, an education professional (such as career counselor, work-based learning coordinator, internship coordinator, etc.) and an industry professional responsible for managing work-based learning within their organization. This is a great way to engage your Business Advisory, local Chamber of Commerce or existing business partners.
Together, OSLN and EnvisionEdPlus will support work-based learning teams as they:
- Develop a common understanding among education and workforce professionals of Ohio’s new WBL guidelines, expectations, opportunities and resources;
- Collaboratively design initiatives to address local WBL needs in their community;
- Increase understanding of how to work with students in professional settings by learning strategies to engage young people based on adolescent brain science; and
- Create a WBL professional network to provide ongoing collegial support.
Contact Craig Lautenschleger with questions. firstname.lastname@example.org or 614.348.8628.