The Ohio STEM Learning Network is sponsoring three (3) Work Based Learning that WORKS training events across northeast Ohio. Thanks to OSLN’s sponsorship, this event is FREE to schools in targeted northeast Ohio counties. Each of these day-long events will bring together educators and business professionals who are partnering to design high quality work-based learning experiences for youth.
- April 8 – Auburn Career Center in collaboration with the ESC of Western Reserve
- April 23 – Mahoning County (location being finalized)
- a 3rd event will be coming soon
Who should attend? Northeast Ohio schools are invited to send teams of two, an education professional (such as career counselor, work-based learning coordinator, internship coordinator, etc.) and an industry professional responsible for managing work-based learning within their organization. This is a great way to engage your Business Advisory, local Chamber of Commerce or existing business partners.
Together, OSLN and EnvisionEdPlus will support work-based learning teams as they:
- Develop a common understanding among education and workforce professionals of Ohio’s new WBL guidelines, expectations, opportunities and resources;
- Collaboratively design initiatives to address local WBL needs in their community;
- Increase understanding of how to work with students in professional settings by learning strategies to engage young people based on adolescent brain science; and
- Create a WBL professional network to provide ongoing collegial support within NE Ohio.
Contact Tricia Moore with questions. firstname.lastname@example.org or 614.357.4439.