1. Confirm eligibility to apply.
- LEA has 50 percent or more learners from economically disadvantaged backgrounds;
- LEA has 5 percent or more learners identified as English learners;
- LEA has 10 percent or more learners identified as students with disabilities;
- LEA has fewer than 50 percent learners proficient on grades 3 through 5 Ohio State test in ELA;
- LEA has fewer than 50 percent learners proficient on grades 6 through 8 Ohio State test in ELA;
- LEA has fewer than 50 percent learners proficient on the high school Ohio State test ELA I or ELA II; or
- LEA has fewer than 40 percent learners on track on Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Language & Literacy.
Early childhood education providers have their own requirements, available here.
2. Save the Date
3. Complete Reading Achievement Plan
Each participating district will be required to submit a local literacy plan (Reading Achievement Plan) as part of their application, due March 1. EnvisionEdPlus is pleased to point out that this is different than our original recommendation (which, in the absence of written direction otherwise, was to submit RAPs by the Dec. 31 deadline for those schools already required by law to complete the plans).
Early childhood education providers will be required to complete a different form, called a Reading Readiness Plan.
4. Need help writing your proposal? Contact us!
As of now, EnvisionEdPlus has capacity to assist additional applicants and consortia with Striving Readers proposals. Call or email Tricia Moore (email@example.com or 614-357-4439) to reserve your spot.