Last fall, EEP kicked off our partnership with Inventionland, one of the world’s largest invention factories. Through this partnership, we hoped to increase access to high-quality maker education for Ohio schools and out-of-school time (OST) programs. We are so excited that eleven sites are now using Inventionland Institute’s innovation courses as a key strategy for implementing maker education during the school day and within 21st Century Community Learning Centers.
Join EnvisionEdPlus and Inventionland as we celebrate innovation in education across Ohio and Western Pennsylvania at an upcoming FREE Day of Innovation.
Each Day of Innovation highlights innovative instructional practices that are adaptable K-12, including strategies for implementing design challenges during and after school; opportunities to learn and share innovative practices with colleagues; a FREE lunch; and information about how schools and teachers are using the Innovation Courses. Information on Inventionland’s Small and Rural Schools/Programs Grant will also be shared.
Visits to Inventionland HQ in Pittsburgh, PA
- December 10, 2018, 10am – 1pm – (invite only – to request invitation – email email@example.com ASAP)
- January 23, 2019, 10am – 1pm – click HERE for Jan 23 Day of Innovation registration link
- March 27, 2019, 10am – 1pm – click HERE for Mar 27 Day of Innovation registration link
Days of Innovation in Ohio Schools
- Kenton City School District (Hardin County)
- Wednesday, February 6 (snow date – Wed. Feb 13), 10am – 1pm
- Innovation Focus areas: Elementary and Middle School Inventionland Innovation Courses (during and after school), High School Internship/Capstone, personalized and blended professional learning.
- Campbell City School District (Mahoning County) **Out-of -School Time Day of Innovation*
- Tuesday, March 19 (10am-1pm)
- Innovation Focus areas: Inventionland in out-of-school time. Programs serving elementary and middle school students. Project-based learning in after-school programs.
- Berkshire Local School District (Geauga County)
- Wednesday, April 3, 10am – 1pm
- Innovation Focus areas: Elementary, Middle and High Schools Inventionland Innovation Courses, Maker-infused PBL across K-12 curriculum
Days of Innovation in Western Pennsylvania
Live near the Ohio/PA border? Check out these additional Days of Innovation.
- Nov. 14 Beaver Valley Intermediate Unit – Monaca, PA
- Jan. 30 Ligonier Valley School District – Ligonier, PA
For more information or to register for any Day of Innovation please contact Michele Timmons, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If these days do not work for your organization, we are happy to schedule FREE visits to Inventionland in Pittsburgh, PA for just your team — OR — your students!
~Michele Timmons, EnvisionEdPlus President