EnvisionEdPlus is partnering with Ohio Department of Health, The Ohio State University and WORTH to host a series of Adolescent Girls Forums to create a call to action in nine Ohio counties that have the highest infant mortality rates.
In 2016, 1,024 Ohio babies died before their first birthdays.
Ohio mothers age 15-17 were twice as likely to lose their baby compared to mothers age 30-34. Supporting adolescent girls through positive youth programming is a strategy for infant mortality prevention.
Please join us at one of the nine public forums where we will explore the strengths and needs of adolescent girls in the community. Priorities for next steps in supporting adolescent girls will be developed and local findings will inform a call-to-action plan for each county and the State of Ohio.
Forum Dates and Counties
Summit (May 7), Montgomery (May 8), Lucas (May 9), Cuyahoga (May 10), Hamilton (May 11), Mahoning (May 15), Stark (May 16), Butler (May 22), Franklin (May 23)
At each forum, critical stakeholder input is needed from all sectors – including:
- education (middle level emphasis),
- youth development (before, after school, summer programs, mentoring),
- extra-curricular/recreation/physical activity,
- faith based (all faiths),
- housing, child protection, family resource providers, homeless shelters/organization
- courts, juvenile justice
- police and emergency services
- mental, physical and behavioral health providers
- anyone else you can think of that we are missing!
You are officially invited – and we hope you can attend.
We also ask that you share this invitation within your network so each county is very well represented across all stakeholder groups. The EEP Team hopes to see you this month at one of these very important events. Email Catelen Ramsey, Project Coordinator, (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
Click HERE to register for any countyâ€™s forum.
EnvisionEdPlus President (email@example.com 614.893.7341)