In partnership with EnvisionEdPlus, Still-Light Seminars LLC is proud to present their “No Sleeping In Class!” series of brain based strategies to support trauma impacted (and all) youth. These fast-paced, interactive trainings will help your staff deal with some of the most serious problems facing education and young people today. Jim Still-Pepper, MA. has almost 40 years of experience working with at-risk kids. He has been providing consultation and professional learning to schools, districts and parents for nearly 30 years. Jim’s hands-on, active learning approach will challenge your staff to create positive change. The active learning process will make it easy for staff to implement new brain based instructional strategies into the classroom.
Upcoming Professional Learning Opportunities
NEW WINTER COHORT ADDED!
Engaging Parents Through Support
SESSION DESCRIPTION: COVID-19 has made effectively reaching and supporting families even more important than ever! During this 6 hour asynchronous learning series you will discover the eight types of parents/caregivers you may interact with each year. As you discover each type of parent, you will reflect on your past experiences and make connections between engagement and support. Doing so will raise your awareness and apply that awareness to enable yourself to build stronger parent/caregiver engagement.
- WHO: Anyone who educates and/or supports parents or families of the youth you serve during or after school.
- WHAT: 6-hour, asynchronous training using EnvisionEdPlus’ PDPlus digital learning platform.
- COST: $125 per person.
- WHEN: CLICK HERE to register.
- Monday, November 2, 2020 – Friday, December 18, 2020; or
- NEW Winter Cohort: Monday, January 11, 2021 – Wednesday, February 10, 2021.
- This is a 100% learn at your own pace course! Need extra time, just let us know.
We can Personalize Professional Learning!
The following topics can be offered inspirational keynote addresses (45 min – 2 hours), full day (6 hours) or half day (3 hours) workshops. While each topic can be ‘stand alone’, we recommend school and district leaders choose to offer these trainings in a manner that is aligned to ESSA’s Six (6) Exemplary Professional Learning Criteria. We offer free consultation to shift any training from ‘one and done’ to ESSA aligned professional learning.
Download our Course Catalog for more information.
- Brain Based Strategies for Engaging Trauma Impacted (and all) Youth – 12 courses (pp 2-3)
- Parent Engagement and Support – 3 courses (pg 3)
- NEW Series! Learning Bridges Lab – 9 courses (pg 4)
- Mental Health Specific 7 courses (pg 5)
- Crisis, Conflict and Classroom Management 7 courses (pg 6)
- Supporting Significantly At-Risk Youth 6 courses (pg 7)
- Educator Self Care and Continuous Improvement 15 courses (pp 8-9)
Most training sessions are available face to face and live virtual. Some are available via PDPlus, our asynchronous learning platform.
Contact Michele Timmons (firstname.lastname@example.org or 614.893.7341) for more information.