Wow! What a great event. Yesterday, we co-hosted a Day of Innovation with Inventionland Institute and Reynoldsburg City Schools. Visitors from across the state joined us to see Reynoldsburg’s new – and FABULOUS -Inventionland Innovation Lab at Hannah Ashton Middle School.
What happens at a Day of Innovation?
- We explored how this new space is being used to authentically engage middle schoolers in problem based learning;
- We practiced design challenges and brainstormed how educators can use them in their schools to increase engagement and deepen learning; and
- We discovered how Inventionland’s Innovation Course can be a great resource for teachers to build 21st century skills, especially those assessed through the OhioMeansJobs Readiness Seal.
What did participants say?
- “I am using these activities to help me refresh PD I do for afterschool and summer learning professionals.”
- “Our Board is very interested in creating a makerspace in our district. The HAMS Innovation Lab gives me tons of ideas for how we can re-think learning environments.”
- “Our school is really beginning to focus on opportunities for students to earn their OhioMeansJobs Readiness Seal, the Inventionland Innovation Course looks like it might be a great resource to support this effort. “
Interested in learning more?
- Consider scheduling a tour of Inventionland in Pittsburgh.
- Contact US to set up a visit to one of the dozens of Ohio schools currently using the Inventionland Innovation Course.
- Attend one of our upcoming Operation Graduation 2.0 Design Labs. Each event will have a POP session on this topic.
- Contact US to be added to our list of folks interested in attending the next Day of Innovation. (There are 2 -3 events in the works for this year. Some in Pittsburgh and others in Ohio.)